Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Being Found Story


It was a hot day in the Arizona desert. I was wandering around all by myself. I had not found another pack to join, although I had seen many potential packs that I considered. As I was walking about, I saw humans. There was a large group of them. So I approached them. They ignored me. Except for one. I saw her and she saw me. I walked over to her.

I was so hot and was panting and panting. But she saw me and petted me. Then all of a sudden she was gone. I didn’t know where she went. It felt like forever, but then she came back. She had water with her and gave me all of it. My brindle tail was wagging. She left again. I didn’t know where she was going. I was so confused. She came back with more water. I knew even before she gave me water that I liked her. But the water sure did seal the deal for me.

I let her pick me up. Having her carry me around was a nice break from walking all day. I gave her lots of kisses. I didn’t mind that she kept looking at my ears, teeth, and every place on me. Another human said something to her but I don’t know what they said. She kept carrying me and petting me and I kept on kissing her. I didn’t want her to go.

She carried me inside a nice cool place, and then carried me back outside. And left me there. I did not like this at all. I whined and whined. I left that place and went back to waited for the nice girl where we had first met. I waited there for a really long time. Then a boy came and picked me up. I didn’t know what was happening. I remember this boy was with her and he was nice. The boy carried me inside and I saw her. I wagged my tail so fast. He gave me to her. She carried me around with her some more.

Then she took me to this thing that moved. She calls it the “car,” but I didn’t know that at the time. I curled up into a small little brindle ball on her lap and fell asleep. She talked to me the whole time. She promised me that she would take care of me and love me.

She carried me inside another place and I was happy there. She got me food and I ate and ate. I don’t know when the last time I ate was before that. I was so tired and I didn’t feel good. I slept and slept. It was nice to be inside, and it gave my paws a nice rest. But then she cleaned me. She put soap and water all over me. She cleaned my ears too. That part was nice because there was uncomfortable stuff in my ears.
I went to the vet and got some shots that I didn’t like it too much. But there were treats!

I was so happy because after weeks of wandering around, I finally found my mom.

This is my first picture. Taken a few days after I was found.

3 comments:

  1. what a great story!

    (siennastaffie's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so glad your mom find you, Fiki! U so cute N your pictures! Your mom gave all of us anipals a WUNNERFUL present when she brought U home!
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful story, Fiki. Congratulations on your great home and your great new blog!

    ReplyDelete